Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a fresh, sweet, floral, herbaceous aroma that is refreshing. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. It is great for winding down before bedtime. Lavender is also highly regarded for skin and beauty.
- Promotes feelings of calm and fights occasional nervous tension
- Has balancing properties that calm the mind and body
- Cleanses and soothes minor skin irritations
- Can be soothing to the skin after a day in the sun
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes
- Supports aging skin
- Includes the naturally occurring constituents linalyl acetate, linalool, and ocimene
- Add a few drops to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products for a classic aroma and more youthful complexion.
- Add 4 drops of Lavender and 1 cup of Epsom salt to a bath to create a relaxing environment.
- Unwind in the evening with a calming, Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of a bedtime routine by rubbing it on the bottoms of your feet or diffusing it next to your bed.
- Add it to a Carrier oil and apply topically to soothe the skin after a day in the sun.
How to use:
- Topically – add to a carrier oil, dilution only required for the most sensitive skin
- Diffuse – add a few drops to your diffuser